Friday 18 March 2016

In which I am Semi-otic

There's a huge body of scholarly writing about semiotics, but I read a couple of pages from Introducing Semiotics, and I'm good to go. If you want to get into it, there's loads of detailed theories, but I did a picture instead.










SO... the thing gets meanng when it is experienced by an observer. SEMIOTICS could be something to do with how meaning is a collaboration between objects and subjects.

Let's see if I can't translate that into theatre terms... hang on...





While I've got the crayons out... let's give it some detail...



See what I have done? Some bits of the context of the performance are impinging on the performance directly, maybe shaping it. Wait... that needs correction...



See! They impinge on the audience too! Let's home in on that bit where it says 'art'. 



Maybe it is time to leave it there.

No comments :

Post a Comment